Bracknell Town Neighbourhood Plan REFERENDUM THURSDAY 09 SEPTEMBER
18th August 2021 Posted in Community News
The Bracknell Town Neighbourhood Plan is a planning document for Bracknell Town’s future. The core of the plan is 36 policies which would be used to help safeguard the area covered by the Bracknell Town Neighbourhood Plan. A list of all the policies in the Bracknell Town Neighbourhood plan – with a brief description can be found under Useful Documents. An interactive map can be found by clicking the following link BTNP
A hard copy of the Bracknell Town Neighbourhood Plan (BTNP) can also be viewed at Bracknell Forest Council at Time Square, and the Central, Great Hollands and Harmans Water libraries as well as on both the Bracknell Forest and Bracknell Town Website.
What is it?
- The Bracknell Town Neighbourhood Plan is a planning document for Bracknell Town’s future
- We are one of 1800 towns and parishes working on their designated plan, each one is different
- It will help to protect Bracknell’s character
- We held a public consultation in 2018 and the plan has passed an independent examination
- A key aim of the plan is to protect the green spaces in the plan area
- Work on the plan has been undertaken by the Bracknell Town Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group with the input of residents and consultants
- The Referendum is to decide whether the plan will be adopted or not
Your questions answered:
Who decided what went into the plan?
You did! The plan was prepared with input from local residents, planning consultant and local Councillors. It has passed an independent examination ensuring it complies with the law.
What about the green spaces?
The main aim of the plan is to protect green spaces within the plan area. No new development sites are included within this plan, the focus is on protection.
Where can I find consolidated information about the plan?
You can find a list of all the policies included in the plan in Useful Documents.
Will the plan make a difference?
The plan covers the period up to 2036 and contains policies that will influence future planning applications in the plan area.
What happens now?
Residents in the plan area will receive a polling card from Bracknell Forest Council. The Referendum is being held on Thursday 9th September. The vote is to decide if the plan is adopted or not. A “YES” vote will adopt the plan and a “NO” vote will reject the plan.