Citizens Advice Bracknell and District – Finance Volunteer role
What’s the role?
The Finance Volunteer is a voluntary role supporting the Treasurer, Chief Executive and administrative staff with operational finance matters.
What’s expected of the Finance Volunteer?
The remit of the role is flexible with the precise responsibilities dependent upon the experience, skills and availability of the volunteer. Responsibilities could include elements of the following:
- Supporting the Admin & Finance Officer on payments to suppliers: bank reconciliations and monthly payroll.
- Supporting the Chief Executive with the review of the risk register and mitigating actions; preparation of costings for project bids to ensure CA costs are recovered and completion of financial returns for funded projects.
- Supporting the Treasurer on preparation of quarterly management accounts to the Trustee Board; updates to the asset register and updates to Financial procedures
- Supporting the Treasurer and Chief Executive with the submission of financial returns to National Citizens Advice and preparation of the annual budget
- Ad hoc finance related project work.
Your qualifications and experience
- Financial qualifications and/or relevant experience gained in operational finance roles are essential;
How much time will I need to commit?
The time commitment is flexible; as a guide you should be prepared to commit an average of between 2-4 days per month
Who can I contact if I would like to know more now?