This website is run by Bracknell Town Council and Creotec. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. The list below is all of the ways we have ensured out website is accessible.
Ways Our Website is Accessible:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a some screen reader
- filter the pages by headings
- we’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand
- the search box is higher up the page so it is more visible
- we have an accessibility page with examples of plug-ins that work well with the site
- links have descriptive titles
- from 6th December 2019 our minutes saved as a PDF will be accessible
- from 6th December 2019 our agendas saved as a PDF will have headings added to enhance their accessibility
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some older PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- when changing contrast to inverted colours, images may not be visible
- some screen readers may not be compatible with the website
- you have to tab quite a lot of times before you can access the quick links
- from 6th December 2019 our planning minutes saved as a PDF not be quite as accessible as other minutes due to the format of the meetings and items
- from 6th December 2019 our planning agendas saved as a PDF will have headings added to enhance their accessibility but will not be quite as accessible as other agendas due to the format of the meetings and items
Changes that we are making to ensure the website is accessible:
- creating a Meeting Documents section where all Agendas and Minutes will be stored to make them easier to find
- pictures used will be higher quality and will work with contrast and colour plug-ins
- we are adding a link to the Quick Links at the top of each page to minimize tabbing
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF or large print please contact us.
Call 01344 420079
Reporting accessibility problems with this website:
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the office on 01344 420079.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Here are links to some plug-ins that work well with this website. These work best when used with Google Chrome. Click on the required link, Add to Chrome and then Add Extension. An icon will appear in the top right of your search bar. The icons enable you turn the plug-ins on or off.
Mercury Reader – magnification, text size and colours
High Contrast – change colours
Headings Map – extract all headings and subheadings into an easy to read list
Google Selection Reader – listen to the page
Chrome Vox – listen to the page – to turn this on and off go into Chrome > More Tools > Extensions > On/Off
Focus Indicator – visual indicator for tabbing through the page