TV Licence Grant
Please complete the online application form at the bottom of this page
If you require assistance with your online form or do not have access to the internet please call 01344 420079
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Following the BBC’s decision not to offer free licences to the over 75’s from 1st August 2020, Bracknell Town Council has reviewed its TV Grant criteria and the current scheme will close as of 31st December 2020 and the new scheme will start from 1st January 2021.
As from 1st January 2021 to qualify for the Bracknell Town Council’s TV Grant residents will need to: –
- Be of State Pension Age (proof of age will be required) AND be in receipt of Pension Credit (proof of Entitlement will be required. Recipients receive a letter every year). Full details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit/eligibility
- Have lived in Bracknell for a least one-year Utility Bill/Bank statement will be required)
- AND NOT be in receipt of a free TV Licence or a blind (severely sight impaired) 50% concession.
If you applied for the grant between 1st August to 31st December 2020 by submitting an application form and were disadvantaged due to the upper age limit of 74, Bracknell Town Council will honour these applications, you will receive an email to confirm that your claim is successful.
If you were eligible for the TV grant from March 2020 and could not visit the office to claim during the pandemic, your applications will still be honoured. Please complete the online application form at the bottom of this page.
Bracknell Town Council will pay the grant in 2021 to any resident who received the grant in 2019/20 but will no longer be eligible under the new criteria
AS FROM 1ST JANUARY 2022 THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL APPLY TO ALL
Purchasing your TV Licence
If you think you qualify for the grant, you must purchase your TV licence before you apply, using one of the options listed below:
- Online by Direct Debit, either annually, quarterly or monthly.
- By phone, using a debit or credit card. Please call 0300 790 6144 with your bank details and TV Licence number to hand.
- At a PayPoint outlet (see below), using cash or a debit card. You will need to bring your licence renewal notice and keep your receipt.
- With a TV Licensing savings card, using cash or a debit card. Save towards the cost of your licence at any PayPoint outlet, or over the phone on 0300 555 0286.
- By Post, by sending your payment slip (if you have one) along with a cheque to TV Licensing, Darlington DL98 1TL. Please make your cheque payable to ‘TV Licensing’ and write your name, address and TV Licence number on the back. Do not fold or staple your cheque, and do not send cash in the post.
|Co-op, Crown Row, Bracknell RG12 0TH
Co-op, 5-6 Rectory Row, Bracknell RG12 7BN
Star Supermarket, 32 Reeds Hill, Bracknell RG12 7LS
Cheneys Newsagents, 25 High Street, Bracknell RG12 1DL
McColls, 94-95 Liscombe, Birch Hill, Bracknell
Martins, 5 Crown Row, Crown Wood, Bracknell
|Londis, 13-15 Great Hollands Square, Bracknell
Martins, 17 Great Hollands Square, Bracknell
Martins, 6 The Square, Bracknell
Londis, Binfield Road, Bracknell
Co-op, Windlesham Road, Bracknell
How to Apply for a TV Licence Grant
Applications in person are not possible whilst our office is closed due to Covid-19 – if you do not have access to the internet please call the office
Please complete and submit our online form. The Television Licence must be in the name of the person claiming the grant. Payment will be by Electronic Banking which will be paid on the Friday of the week the grant is claimed. We may contact you for proof of ID by email if this is your first claim.
Grant payments will be made by electronic bank transfer and payment will only be issued against a valid TV licence for the current year.
The following documents may be required if you have not claimed before. If that is the case you will be contact by a member of staff:
- A valid TV Licence: – if you pay by Direct Debit please print out and bring in your licence or be prepared to have your licence checked on-line
- Your ‘old’ TV licence: – your Licence number is needed to view your ‘new’ licence on-line
- Proof of Age: – Birth Certificate, passport or driving licence
- Photo Identity: – e.g. driving licence, passport, Edge Card etc
- Proof of residence in Bracknell Parish: – utility bill, bank statement etc
- Disabled persons only: All the above plus proof of disability pension / benefit entitlement
- Proof of pension credit entitlement from January 2021
This is a scheme operated by Bracknell Town Council. People living in other parts of Bracknell Forest i.e. Warfield, Winkfield, Binfield, Crowthorne and Sandhurst DO NOT qualify as the scheme is paid for out of that part of the Council Tax which is collected on behalf of Bracknell Town Council.
If you have any queries, which are not mentioned in this guide, please contact us at Brooke House on 01344 420079